Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Is Thy God Able?

Daniel 6:20 And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?

Recently I have been feeling very overwhelmed with the busyness of a large family. September is always a difficult month for me. We have come through most of the busy canning/preserving season. There are still things to finish. And then we start school. This year we have five children in school (home school), from 1st. grade to high school. On top of that we've had dentist, eye doctor, orthodontist, and doctor appointments to go to. Today I have to take four year old Rhoda to the dentist because her filling fell out. Michael (2) woke us early and a thunderstorm went through at 5:30, and we are getting ready to leave for a trip to Ohio tomorrow. I got up feeling like this busy day has gotten off to a bad start. I prayed that God would allow my Bible to open somewhere that would be encouraging to me. It opened at Daniel 6. I almost didn't read it, wishing it would have opened somewhere in the gospels. But God had allowed it to open there for a reason. The king asked Daniel if his God is able to deliver him from the lions. Is God able to deliver me from my lions of fears, anxieties, cares or whatever... Is He able to keep me from going over the edge?

Today I will say with Daniel...

Daniel 6:22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.

I will have to take one thing at a time and if I start feeling stressed out I have to remind myself that my God is able to deliver me.

What are the lions you are facing?

  1. How gentle God’s commands,
    How kind His precepts are!
    Come, cast your burdens on the Lord,
    And trust His constant care.
  2. Beneath His watchful eye
    His saints securely dwell;
    That hand which bears all nature up
    Shall guide His children well.
  3. Why should this anxious load
    Press down your weary mind?
    Haste to your heav’nly Father’s throne,
    And sweet refreshment find.
  4. His goodness stands approved,
    Unchanged from day to day;
    I’ll drop my burden at His feet,
    And bear a song away.

No comments:

Post a Comment